YEAR 13 STUDENTS
The UCAS application deadline has now passed! You have until May to decide on your Firm choice of university/course and Insurance choice (if you have one – this is usually a course with lower entry requirements which you’d be happy to accept if your Firm choice isn’t confirmed on A Level Results Day). This will give you an opportunity to attend university Applicant Days if you want to and decide on whether your aspirational choices are realistic.
You can keep track of your universities’ decisions by logging on to UCAS Track. Your deadline for responding to your offers depends on when you receive your last decision as follows:
You will use Track to confirm your final choices (Firm/Insurance). You are unable to do this until you’ve received decisions from all of your university choices. If you don’t reply by the relevant date, you will lose your offers!
UNIVERSITY STUDENT FINANCE
Are you going to study this year? Need student finance? Find out what you can get and how to apply https://studentfinance.campaign.gov.uk/
Applications for student finance are expected to open late February which is why it’s important to get ready now!
JLR DEGREE APPRENTICESHIP OPPORTUNITIES
DIGITAL AND TECHNOLOGY SOLUTIONS DEGREE APPRENTICESHIP
EXPLORE THE PATHWAYS – SOFTWARE ENGINEERING
This option will show you how to design, build and test the groundbreaking software that delivers the wow. You’ll also learn how to integrate engineering principles which deliver superior analysis, development and built-in security.
- Software Engineering
- Network Engineering
- Software Engineering with Data
- Data Analytics
- For Software or Network Engineering, you’ll also need A-level Maths (Grade C or above), plus 1 further A-level in a Science, Engineering or Technology subject (Grade C or above)
- For the Data Analyst and Software Engineering with Data options, you’ll also need A-level Maths (Grade B or above) plus a further A-level in a Science, Engineering or Technology subject (Grade C or above).
- You’ll start on circa £20,000.
YEAR 12 STUDENTS – WORK EXPERIENCE
Your login details for the SIPS Placement Database are as follows:
- Username: plantsbrookwex
- Password: pupilwex123
What you need to do when you have found a placement
- When you have found a placement, complete the online placement form in Sixth Form area under work experience on the school website
- You’ll also find a booklet with useful information
- Deadline for completion is Friday 8 May
- You must have a placement for w/c 13 July
- Students without a placement will be assigned to site team/departments for the week
- You may be able to do an additional placement during school time after summer exams. See Miss Proctor for permission.
- Parent/guardian Information Evening 13 Feb – you should have received a letter about this
STEM Work Experience opportunities with in2scienceuk
- in2scienceUK organises two-week science, technology, engineering and maths (STEM) placements for Year 12 students during the summer holiday.
- This unique experience will give you an insight into the STEM sector and the skills, knowledge and confidence to successfully apply to a STEM degree.
- You must meet certain eligibility criteria. See website for further information and to apply: https://in2scienceuk.org/students/