Student Entitlement to Careers Education, Information, Advice and Guidance
Students are entitled to careers education and guidance that is impartial and confidential. It will be integrated into their experience of the whole curriculum and the programme will promote equality of opportunity, inclusion and anti-racism. Students from Year 7 to Year 13 should:
- Learn about themselves and the influences on them
- Develop decision-making skills
- Develop skills to help them manage transition
- Develop skills to use and research careers information
- Have access to up-to-date information about opportunities in learning and work
- Have impartial, confidential and up-to-date guidance
- Learn about the world of work
- Experience the world of work where appropriate
University Opportunities And Resources
Gap Year Opportunities
The Year in Industry EDT
Why not make the most of your year out? Develop your experience and workplace skills with a Year in Industry, a 9 – 12 month paid placement in a STEM related industry for 18 – 21 year olds in England. Opportunities are available with 100s of top UK employers in all areas of engineering, science, IT, e-commerce, business, marketing, finance and logistics.
You can apply anytime online by completing the application here
First stage interviews will be held by the YINI team, and if successful, you will then be registered and put forward for company interviews.
Apply now to secure your place on an experience that could change your future!