The school website is having a makeover.
All the key information you will need in the meantime is below.
- As parents will be aware, there is ongoing speculation in the mainstream media regarding schools’ reopening in January. We were expecting an announcement from government early this week however, this does not appear to be forthcoming. We have grown accustomed to last minute announcements from the Department for Education, so we do anticipate that there may be changes to the information released prior to Christmas. However, as things stand the expectation is that Year 11 will be in school for normal lessons from the 5th January. Year 13 will be in school for exams only from 5th January with a return to normal lessons on 11th January. Years 7-10 and Year 12 will be expected to work at home from 5th January following their normal timetables via remote learning, their normal face-to-face lessons will resume in school from Monday 11th January.
- The only exception to this is students whose parents are critical workers or students who are classed as vulnerable. If your child was identified as being part of this group during the first lockdown period then they will be able to return to school on 5th January for some face-to-face contact. If you believe they are part of this group but did not attend school during the first lockdown then please email email@example.com
- If parents of Year 7 students believe their child fits into this group then please use this email address to notify us.
- Additionally, vocational exams scheduled for the week of 5 January will also go ahead as planned.
- In due course we will also send out further details of free school meals provision for students who are remote learning.
- Furthermore, you may have heard about the mass testing plans for schools in January. We are awaiting further guidance to be published on this but will keep parents informed once we have some clarity on what this will look like.
- If there is a further update from government, we will of course let you know our response as soon as we can. We wish you a restful, safe and as enjoyable New Year as you can have at this time.
Important update 18.12.20
You may have seen that the Government has decided that for the first week back, only Y11 and Y13 students, children of key workers and those identified as vulnerable will be in school, with all other students receiving lessons at home.
We are working through the details and will give you further information in due course but wanted to share that with you this side of the holidays.
We hope that you have a lovely and safe Christmas
Isolation period for close contacts
Public Health Birmingham has confirmed that the reduction to 10 days will apply retrospectively to close contacts already isolating. If before December 14th, a close contact had been notified to isolate for 14 days, this is now reduced to 10 days. This means that from Monday 14th December, close contacts who are on the 11th, 12th, 13th or 14th day of self-isolation, have now completed their new 10-day isolation and may return to school.
- Work for students who are isolating at home: Read More
- Bike Use Reminder: Read More
- Plantsbrook to be Cashless in September. Find out more: Read More
- Reading list for Year 7-10: Read More
- Appeal Process GCSE 2020 Results: Read More
- When you should book a coronavirus test for your child: Read More
- A-Level Results Day Press Release: Read More
- Free School Meals: Read More
- Free School Meal Entitlement Acknowledgement | Letter & Form
- Parents/carers school and education information for COVID-19 Read More
Plantsbrook Learning Trust Registered Company Number: 07655702
Upper Holland Road – Sutton Coldfield – B72 1RB