I wanted to update you as soon as possible with revisions to our previous update. Please read the information below very carefully.
As anticipated the announcement yesterday from government did make some changes to the information released prior to Christmas. Essentially, the plans appear to have been delayed by a week and, we believe, will be reviewed again by 18th January. This will mean the following will be in place:
- The school site will be open on 4th January for staff only.
- The school site will be open from 5th January for children of critical workers, those that have an EHCP and children classed as vulnerable. Places for this provision need to be booked in advance using firstname.lastname@example.org providing clear reasoning, the name of your child and the relevant tutor group. We will confirm this booking via receipt of email.
- All students from Years 7-13 will be offered a remote learning package from 5th January following students’ normal timetables. This may be a mixture of activities, including some online lessons, set tasks or independent activities. This will begin with a tutorial session from 8.40am every morning. Attendance to lessons is compulsory and it is very important that your child logs in on time using a computer, tablet or smartphone to access the content via Google and/ or Show My Homework. Online lessons will not last for the full 60 minutes, which will enable students and teachers to prepare for their next lesson in advance. Any family who does not have access to a device should notify school reception via email@example.com or via telephone on 4th January.
- The school site will be open on 11th January for Year 11 who will resume normal lessons.
- The school site will be open on 11th January for Year 13 who will attend for mock exams only. Normal lessons will resume on the 18th January.
- The school site will be open on 18th January for Years 7-10 and Year 12 for normal lessons to resume.
- All external BTEC Level 3 exams for sixth form students will take place as planned commencing next week and running up to the 18th January.
- Year 13 mock exams will be postponed to the week commencing 11th January. A revised exam timetable will be issued early next week and students will be notified via Show My Homework. Year 13 students will be expected to use the opportunity to complete further revision during the gained time.
- We are awaiting further information regarding free school meals provision but will aim to update parents/ carers as soon as we can.
- To help reduce COVID-19 transmissions and to make our communities as safe as possible we urge our families to follow the national guidelines and to seek a test should symptoms develop. If all families and households follow the guidance during the next few weeks it will not only allow us to keep our school safe and open but will also help us protect the wider community.
- We will be commencing plans next week to offer mass testing on-site. We would be very pleased to hear from any parents/ carers who may be interested in volunteering their support to assist with this testing programme, particularly if they have any public health experience. We will communicate further developments with you on mass-testing once we have secured more information and finalised our plans.
Finally, we hope that your Christmas and New Year was restful and relaxing. We look forward with optimism to a 2021 that offers us all some hope of coming through this crisis and returning to a sense of normality. If there are any changes to the above information, we will of course update you as soon as we can.