Director of Finance & Support Services – Temporary post, with the possibility to be made permanent
2 days per week, whole year
Grade 6 £43,662 – £54,574 per annum, pro rata
We are looking to appoint a dynamic and innovative individual to be an associate member of our senior leadership team. Reporting to the Executive Headteacher, this key appointment will provide high quality strategic financial leadership to ensure the Trust makes best possible use of its resources, including its support staff.
This is a vitally important appointment in the next stage of our growth plan and one which will have significant influence in further establishing the work of the Trust and its ability to support the Trust’s schools. Working closely with the Executive Headteacher, the successful candidate will firmly embed all the relevant financial and legislative frameworks, policies and working practices necessary for the Trust to flourish and grow as a successful
Multi-Academy Trust. The role includes line management responsibility for central Trust Finance and support teams.
The role will provide excellent career development for the successful candidate, allowing them to build on their specialism but also giving the opportunity to learn new aspects of the business.
The successful candidate will:
- Be educated to degree level and hold a professional qualification in finance or accounting
- Have a track record of managing a healthy and sustainable business, wherein income is generated and value for money achieved
- Have experience of effective business management in the education or not-for-profit sector
- Have significant experience of leading the strategic financial planning for an organisation within a Senior Manager role.
- Have experience of financial, budgetary and risk management
- Have experience of procuring services and monitoring contracts to ensure that value for money and key performance indicator requirements are met.
We can offer:
- Opportunities for individualised CPD and other training
- A dynamic, committed, friendly and hard-working central Trust staff team
- A base in Plantsbrook’s fabulous new building.
Closing date: Friday 24 May 2019
For details of staff benefits download the Staff Benefits Flyer
Plantsbrook School, Upper Holland Road, Sutton Coldfield B72 1RB
Please click here for Support Staff conditions of employment.