IN THIS SECTION
Top TA Tips For Additional Support
Do people ever tell you that they can’t read your handwriting? If this is the case, the likelihood is an examiner won’t be able to read it either! Take active steps to improve your handwriting by doing the following:
· Download and use this excellent resource (https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GWVhzBByiMPLV9HlV8Nrv3h6Y3jzKWI1/view?usp=sharing) (produced by the National Adult Literacy Agency via The Guardian – Teacher Network) which will help improve your handwriting. It includes warm-up exercises to limber up your hands, a wide variety of tasks to get you back into the habit of writing clearly and a troubleshooting section offering solutions for common problems.
· Attend our handwriting drop-in clinics run by our lead TAs in handwriting (Mrs Horton) in GM01:
KS3 – Every Thursday – 0815 – 0830
KS4 & KS5 – Every Wednesday – 0815 – 0830
If further input is needed, our lead TA for handwriting Mrs Horton may extend an invitation to join a handwriting intervention.
· Literacy interventions are run by our Level 3 Teaching Assistants, Mrs Hodson and Mrs Fowler. Students are currently selected to attend in collaboration with the English department.
· HOMEWORK CLUB: Some children with additional needs have a ‘block’ on doing school work at home. G14 is open Mon-Thurs after school for students to do their homework at school. One of our Teaching Assistants is available during these time to support.
· AUTISM AND ADHD SUPPORT: Mrs DeLacy-Jones is our Lead TA for Autism and ADHD. She offers an additional layer of support for these students. In addition for our students with autism, Mrs DeLacy-Jones liaises with the Communication and Autism Team to coordinate support.
Plantsbrook Learning Trust Registered Company Number: 07655702
Upper Holland Road – Sutton Coldfield – B72 1RB