Where can I find more information or advice

In addition to the school there are other sources of information and advice.  These are a few examples that have been useful to parents/carers:


The Birmingham Special Educational Needs and Disability information, Advice and Support Service (SENDIASS) provide impartial and confidential advice and support to children and young people with SEND and their parents / carers.

0121 303 5004



Forward Thinking Birmingham (formally known as CAMHS) provides mental health support for children and young people from 0 – 25, and their parents/carers. Referrals can be made by the young person, parents/carers and organisations including schools.

0300 300 0099



Parent /carers can contact the School Health Advisory Service (School nurses) directly, or referrals can be made through school.

0121 465 5457



Information and advice about autistic spectrum conditions can be found from many websites including:






Information and advice about ADHD can be found from many websites including:



Our Place Community Hub, based in Sutton Coldfield offers advice and support services to the local area, including employment support, counselling and talking therapies as well as specific support groups. http://ourplacecommunityhub.org/



This is a nationally recognised charity that works to support people with sight loss

0303 123 9999



National Deaf Children’s Society

This is the national charity dedicated to creating a world without barriers for deaf children and young people.



British Dyslexia Association (BDA)

This is a national organisation that offers advice and support for dyslexia.


Close Menu